Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Coping with trouble...

If we know anything of growth in grace and desire to know more, let us not be surprised if we have to go through much trial and affliction in this world. I firmly believe it is the experience of nearly all the most eminent saints. Like their blessed Master, they have been men of sorrows, acquainted with grief, and perfected through sufferings (Isa. 53:3; Heb. 2:10). It is a striking saying of our Lord, "Every branch in Me that bears fruit [my Father] purges it, that it may bring forth more fruit" (John 15:2).   -J.C. Ryle


Coping with trouble:
1. Do I believe God will purposely use trouble to shape my life?
2. How has God used trouble to shape my life?
3. How do I respond to trouble?
4. How should I respond to trouble?
5. Is all my trouble the direct result of sin?
6. When was the last time I experienced troubled as the result of helping others?
7. Does every trouble in my life, pass through the hands of God?
8. How much of my trouble is the results of my own doing?
9. How long should my trouble last?
10. Is there anytime in my life when I don't deserve trouble?
He replied, "You are talking like a foolish woman. Shall we accept good from God, and not trouble?" In all this, Job did not sin in what he said.  Job 2:10

No comments:

Post a Comment