Monday, September 24, 2012

A Testimony of Holiness




For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. Eph 1:4







I fast and pray.  What do I need?  What do I want?

Ans: A clear consciousness of God's approval.  This includes:

1. The knowledge of the forgiveness of all past sins, of commission and omission.  Through the blood of Jesus I have this full and free forgiveness.

2. It includes a heart purified from all sin, my will fully in harmony with God, and loving God with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength.

3. It includes cheerful and prompt obedience to all the commandments of God, a hearty compliance with all the will of God concerning me.

Through the tender mercy of God, through the precious blood of Christ, I have the 2nd and 3rd.  I am this moment "by the grace of God" walking in the light as God is in the light, and "the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth me from all sin."

God fills me now with the Holy Spirit.

Brother George E. Butler,
Dec. 31, 1890

No comments:

Post a Comment