Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Rest of Faith

            I have not a fear or a doubt or a care or a shadow of a shadow upon the sunshine of my heart.  Every day brings some quite new cause for praise.  My whole heart says, “Whom have I in heaven but thee? And there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee.”

            I never feel eager even for usefulness now; I am happier to leave it all to Him, and I always pray. “Use me, Lord, or not use me, just as Thou wilt.”

            The blessing not only lasts but increases.  It is even having a great effect upon my health; for all touch of worry, care, anxiety, and fidget about anything earthly or heavenly is all gone.  Jesus takes it all, and the rest of faith is more perfect and uninterrupted than I imagined it possible for anyone of my nervous, high-strung temperament to enjoy.

            Now, “Thy will be done” is not a sigh but a song.  It is such a glorious life, this life of utter surrender, continual cleansing, absolute trust, and implicit obedience.

            The really leaving everything to Him is so inexpressibly sweet, and surely He does arrange so much better than we could for ourselves when we leave it all to Him.  Is it not delicious to know that he chooses every bit of our work, and orders every moment of our waiting?  What a Master we have!

            “Great is thy faithfulness” shines out upon the past, and “I will fear no evil” upon the future.  There seems no room for the word “disappointment’ in the happy life of entire trust in Jesus and satisfaction with His perfect and glorious will.

--Frances Ridley Havergal

No comments:

Post a Comment